Did you know this is the VERY first recipe I posted in 2012 when I started this blog? It was my hello world post!
I remember I was just diagnosed with celiac disease and had volunteered to bring cookies to a church activity. I had no idea what to make until I remembered an old stand-by. Flourless peanut butter cookies! No flour = no gluten. So I whipped up a batch, snapped a picture and posted it to my blog later that night.
Cookies with no flour?
Years later this recipe is still a classic and a tried-and-true recipe. Flourless peanut butter cookies are EASY to make with pantry staples. I’d bet you already have the ingredients to make them on hand right now!
This recipe doesn’t require any special flours – so it’s perfect for beginning gluten-free bakers.
And you can’t beat the decadent combination of peanut butter and chocolate! These cookies turn out rich, gooey and delicious.
Ingredients for Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter: See notes below for what kind to use
- White Sugar/Brown Sugar: A combination of the two
- Egg: Holds it all together
- Baking Soda: For a little leavening
- Vanilla: Adds another level of sweetness
- Chocolate Chips: Any kind you like!
How to Make These Cookies
STEP ONE: MEASURE THE INGREDIENTS
These cookies are super easy to make! You don’t even need a stand mixer, unless you prefer to use one. Add the peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, baking soda and salt to the bowl.
STEP TWO: MIX THE INGREDIENTS
Using a hand mixer, mix everything together until it is completely smooth and incorporated. Since peanut butter is usually stored at room temperature everything mixes together nice and smooth.
STEP THREE: ADD THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS
You can add any chocolate chips you like! I usually use Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips to keep these dairy-free. They are also delicious with milk chocolate chips.
STEP FOUR: SCOOP OUT THE DOUGH
Using a cookie scoop, form mounds of dough and scoop onto a parchment or silicone mat-lined baking sheet. You can make the cookies any size you like but try to keep the size consistent so everything bakes evenly.
STEP FIVE: BAKE!
Bake for 11-13 minutes in a 350F oven until set. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely.
What kind of peanut butter should I use for peanut butter cookies?
Great question! I always use creamy peanut butter for these cookies. I prefer the texture of these cookies when using a brand like Skippy or Jiff.
Natural peanut butter has a tendency to separate and yields inconsistent cookie results since the beginning of the jar is oily and the end of the jar is drier. Opt for a true creamy peanut butter for these cookies!
More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes:
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Flourless Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips, whatever kind you like!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips to a bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until totally combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine. Using moistened hands or a cookie scoop, form generous 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie into ball. Arrange on 2 ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until puffed, golden on bottom and still soft to touch in center, about 11-13 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a rack. Enjoy!
- Use creamy peanut butter for best results. I prefer a brand like Jiff or Skippy for these cookies.
- You can use any chocolate chips you like! I like using Enjoy Life Foods when making these cookies dairy-free.