That is a long cookie title with a lot of delicious promises. But I guarantee, these cookies deliver!
In fact, I feel like I’ve been holding out on you. I’ve made these cookies 4 times in the past couple months for various events and they are unbelievably delicious. They are soft in the middle, with crispy edges, and a slight oat-y flavor. Not to mention peanut butter and chocolate. Be still my heart. Every time I’ve gotten accolades. cookie high-fives, and the infamous “I can’t believe these are gluten-free” comments. In fact, I made these cookies for a neighborhood get-together and told some friends eating them that they were gluten-free. One friend said “are you serious?!” and another neighborhood was like “no she’s joking of course.” Ha! No jokes here. Really gluten-free. And really delicious. You’ll have to taste to believe. I’ve used both regular and natural peanut butter in these with great results. They are also amazing with milk chocolate chips if that’s your thing. Yum!
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Erin's grain-free flour blend, or gluten-free all-purpose blend of choice
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce bag semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking silpat liner.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until the batter is light in color, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt. When it is mostly combined but there are still dry spots, add the chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized rounds onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until set and lightly golden. Cool on a cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!