This is one of my absolute favorite dishes! My Mom used to make it growing up and my brothers go crazy for it.
My husband is also a big fan. In a home where we don’t make many things twice (too addicted to trying new recipes), this is a dish we have about once a month. It is quick, easy and delicious!
I like my stir-fries to be vegetable-heavy, so they are healthier. Since the vegetables are cooked quickly, stir-frying is great way to enjoy lots of vegetables with their nutrients intact.
Using lots of vegetables also cuts down on the amount you have to spend on meat, which is always a plus.
The sauce in this dish is truly a perfect balance. If you like things a little hotter you can definitely add more hot sauce. As is, the heat is just subtle and in the background.
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Spicy Beef and Shredded Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 12 ounce flank steak or round steak, cut in 1/4 inch thin strips
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup celery, cut into thin, 1-inch matchsticks
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup tablespoon water
- Heat oil in saucepan until very hot and fry beef until brown. You may have to do this in 2 batches so you don't overcrowd the pan. Remove beef with slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- Add more oil if needed and saute onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the celery and green pepper and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ginger and shredded carrots and saute for about 1 minute. Add the sauce and beef back to the pan and cook until heated through. Serve over rice if desired. Enjoy!