You’ll love these 4 healthy Valentine’s snacks for kids! They use simple ingredients and are perfect for Valentine’s Day class parties or playdates!
Valentine’s Day is around the corner! And while conversation hearts and cookies can be fun sugary treat, you may be looking for healthy Valentine’s Day treats to combat all the sugar.
These healthy Valentine treats are a fun way to celebrate the season, while still giving your kids a nutritional boost.
If you’re in charge of school parties, play dates, or just want a great opportunity to make something fun for your kids, try these healthy Valentine’s snacks as low-sugar, special treat!
Why You’ll Love These Valentine’s Snacks
I love to make festive sweet treats, especially when they include fresh fruit and other healthy ingredients the whole family will love. These healthy Valentine’s Day snacks come together quickly, and are even easier if you have a heart cookie cutter. And are you ready for the best part?
If you already have a heart cookie cutter you may not even need to make a grocery store run. These tasty treats are made with many ingredients you’re already using for your kids’ afternoon snack.
Heart Hummus Snack Plate
- Carrots – The best way to make these is by slicing diagonally, twisting one end to make a heart, and securing with toothpick
- Cucumbers – slice and cut out heart
- Cheese slices – cut out hearts
- Hummus for serving
My 1-year-old loves dipping things in basically anything, but especially hummus. I always have cheese, hummus, carrots, and cucumbers in my fridge and make this snack combination on a regular basis – it’s just dressed up here as a healthy Valentine’s snack!
Heart Sandwich Pretzel Pops
- 2 slices gluten-free cinnamon raisin bread (I like Canyon Bakehouse)
- Almond butter or peanut butter
- Gluten-free pretzel sticks (I like Glutino)
Make the sandwich, then cut each one into a small heart. Then, I thought it would be a cute idea to add a gluten-free pretzel for a handle. Add apples or other red fruit to round out this easy recipe.
Your kids can even dip the apples in nut butter to add in more healthy fats. My kids love these and they are perfect healthy Valentine’s recipe that doubles as a school snack!
Pizza My Heart Bagels
- 1 gluten-free bagel (I like Canyon Bakehouse or Trader Joe’s)
- Pizza sauce (I like Trader Joe’s Pizza sauce)
- Pepperoni (I like Applegate pepperoni) – cut out into a cute heart
To make this healthy snack, spread pizza sauce on both sides of the bagel. Sprinkle with cheese and top with the heart pepperoni. Broil for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Have you tried pizza bagels? They are so easy and my kids love them for an easy lunch or dinner when I don’t feel like cooking. Cutting the pepperoni out like hearts easily turns these into healthy Valentine’s snacks for kids, and makes snack time feel like a special occasion!
You can also add heart veggies, fresh strawberries, or fresh raspberries to make these healthy Valentine snacks even more nutritious.
- 2 gluten-free tortillas (I like Mission tortillas)
- Grated cheese
Make the quesadilla and cut into hearts. Enjoy!
This is so embarrassingly easy, I almost didn’t include it. But my kids love quesadillas and they are super easy to turn into a healthy Valentine’s snack!
Enjoy Your Healthy Valentine’s Snacks
I hope you enjoy these healthy treats for kids! They’re a great alternative to junk food on a day when kids get loaded with sugar, and they require minimal effort!
Now that’s the perfect way to celebrate, if you ask me. Add in a cute Valentine’s Day card with school lunches and you’ll make your kids feel extra loved.
Healthy Valentine’s Snacks
- 1 gluten-free bagel (I like Canyon Bakehouse or Trader Joe’s
- Pizza sauce, I like Trader Joe’s Pizza sauce
- Pepperoni – cut out into a heart with a small heart cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven broiler. Spread pizza sauce on both sides of the bagel. Sprinkle with cheese and top with the heart pepperoni.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly. Let sit for 2-3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!