If you had to choose between blondies or brownies which side would you be on. I have to say that I’m usually a chocolate loving girl – but I’d take one of these blondies over a brownie any day! Thy are chewy, decadent and rich.
This is my Mom’s blond brownie recipe and it was the very first thing I learned to bake. To this day I still make them and people go crazy for them! Nobody will guess these are gluten-free.
I converted my Mom’s recipe to be gluten-free with fantastic results. I use almond flour in these bars, and they taste just as delicious as the ones I made growing up.
These blonde brownies are chewy, gooey, and filled with delicious morsels of chocolate, white chocolate, and pecans. You can also make these with any gluten-free all-purpose flour you like with great results. It is a really forgiving and easy recipe.
Feel free to switch up the mix-ins to whatever you like. Walnuts, dark or milk chocolate chips would all be delicious.
Almond flour makes baked goods so delicious, and these are no exception. These blonde brownies are one of my go-to dessert recipes!
More Almond Flour Baked Goods:
- 1/2 cup butter (coconut oil will work for dairy-free)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (for dairy-free, use 2 cups of dairy-free chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix to fully incorporate. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour the dough into the greased baking dish. Smooth into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Slice into bars and enjoy!