I hope you’re all having a great pre-Thanksgiving week! Hopefully your gluten-free Thanksgiving planning is going well. We are in San Diego visiting family! Here’s what’s on our menu:
Turkey & Gravy, of course. (I use Pioneer Woman’s brine recipe. We might use some of the Trader Joe’s gravy (it’s gluten-free!), in addition to the pan drippings gravy.)
Mashed Potatoes (No recipe, just made by feel.)
Sweet Potato Casserole (My favorite!)
Cranberry Marshmallow Pomegranate Salad (Tied for my favorite!)
Gluten-Free Stuffing (See my instagram/facebook post for how I doctor up Trader Joe’s boxed GF stuffing. I love making things from scratch, but the croutons in this mix make much better stuffing than any gluten-free bread I’ve used.)
Gluten-Free Pull-Apart Rolls (Insert heart-eyed emoicon)
Brussel Sprouts (Thinking shaved with balsamic vinegar…)
Non gluten-free items: include stuffing by my mother-in-law, buttermilk rolls by my sister-in-law, and green bean casserole by my sister-in-law.
For dessert we’re doing a pumpkin, apple sour cream, and chocolate pie!
If you’re looking for another festive, gluten-free dessert besides pie, this is your answer! This gingerbread smells like the holidays and is perfectly moist (said it.), or “perfectly hydrated” if you’re opposed to the word moist.
I tried this recipe a couple times before nailing it. It is gingerbread perfection.
This would be great alongside a delicious egg dish for a holiday breakfast. Or as a snack when you want to fill your home with the flavors and smells of the holidays.
Here’s a hint – serve quintessential holiday dessert with whipped cream and bananas (trust me on this one). It’s kind of life-changing!
This Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cake smells like the holidays and is perfectly moist. This festive dessert is one everyone will love!
- 2 1/2 cups (350 g) Erin’s Grain-Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (109 g) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (140 g) coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×9-inch pan.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Whisk to combine well.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg until light. Add the molasses, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Mix well to combine. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients. Beat to fully incorporate. Add the water and lemon juice, and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Place the pan in the center of the preheated oven, and bake 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with, at most, a few moist crumbs. Cool before serving. Dust with powdered sugar if you like and enjoy! Keep leftovers in an airtight container.
*Erin’s Grain-Free Flour Blend: 30% Almond Flour, 30% Buckwheat Flour, 30% Potato Starch, 10% Arrowroot Powder – More information here
Recipe Source: Inspired by Gluten-Free on a Shoestring