Instant Pot Turkey Vegetable Lasagna Soup! So TASTY, easy and family-friendly! All the comforting flavors of lasagna – but done in 20 minutes!
Instant pot recipes are quickly becoming my favorite kind of recipes. They are usually everything I need on a busy night – one-post, easy and fast. This Instant Pot Turkey Vegetable Lasagna Soup is a new favorite at my house!
Thanks to the instant pot saute function, the whole thing cooks in the instant pot and dinner can be ready in 30 minutes.
This soup has all the flavors of lasagna with none of the assembly. A dollop of ricotta cheese takes this over the top and really makes it feel like you’re eating a big bowl of lasagna!
I like to use these Gluten-Free Brown Rice Lasagna Noodles in this recipe. When adding them to the instant pot just break them in half. They will fall apart more (but not too much) during cooking.
I also use a secret special ingredient for this soup – jarred spaghetti sauce!
Adding jarred spaghetti sauce is an easy flavor-boosting shortcut. My favorite kind of spaghetti sauce to use in this recipe is Trader Joe’s Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce. Any kind you like will do – just use one that tastes good.
This recipe serves about 8. I don’t recommend doubling it or you will have too much liquid and go pass the maximum fill line for the instant pot. It makes a pretty big pot of soup as is.
I like serving this with some gluten-free garlic bread and a big salad. Doesn’t get more classic and tasty than that!
I am officially 37 weeks pregnant now and we are in baby prep mode. I have to say I hope the baby stays put for another 2 weeks. We would like to get settled in our back-to-school routine for a week or so before she comes!
My husband doesn’t love to cook but decided he LOVES the instant pot. He was forever converted by this Instant Pot Southwestern Chicken and Rice . He is prepared and enthusiastic about making some instant pot meals for the family once the baby comes – which is fine by me!
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats from Wholesome Yum
The flavor of this soup will depend on what spaghetti sauce you use so pick a good one! You may need to add 1/2 teaspoon or so of sugar depending on what sauce you use. I like to use Trader Joe’s Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce. I also like to use these gluten-free brown rice lasagna noodles.
For the Soup:
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1lb ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 26oz jar spaghetti sauce (I use Trader Joe’s Tomato Basil Sauce)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, diced
- 6oz gluten-free lasagna noodles (a little more than half the package – just eyeball it)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
For the Cheese Mixture:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Press the SAUTE button on the instant pot and let preheat for 1-2 minutes. Add the olive oil, onion and carrot. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking into small pieces with a spoon, until no longer pink. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce, and chicken stock and stir to combine. Break the lasagna noodles in half and add to the pot along with the zucchini.
- Close the instant pot and press MANUAL and set timer for 14 minutes. When the time is up do quick release to let out the pressure. Stir in the mozzarella and spinach.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta, parmesan and salt. Mix to combine. Serve the soup with a dollop of the cheese mixture. (I like to put a little on the bottom of the bowl too.) Enjoy!
MAKE IT DAIRY-FREE: This soup is just as good if you don’t add the cheese!