This carrot ginger soup is smooth, creamy and so easy to make! With fresh ginger and roasted carrots, it’s full of flavor. It’s sure to become your go-to soup recipe!
Try this Sweet Potato Soup Recipe for another delicious option!
This carrot ginger soup is one of my favorite easy soups to make! I like to roast the carrots for an extra boost of flavor. It’s the only carrot soup recipe you’ll ever need!
Soups, like this carrot ginger soup, can easily be the main dish in a great lunch or dinner. I like to make a big batch for meal prep since this soup reheats so well.
Tips for flavorful vegetable soups
One of the best ways to get the most flavor out of vegetables is to roast them. Roasting carrots is easy. Simple cut them into even chunks, toss with olive oil and salt, then roast. You’ll get so much more flavor from roasting the carrots rather than simply boiling them.
Another tip for flavorful soup is to use vegetable or chicken stock in place of water for the liquid. You can use vegetable stock if you want to keep this soup vegan.
What goes into this carrot soup?
This bright and tasty carrot soup recipe is loaded with fresh and healthy ingredients, most of which you would normally have in your pantry and refrigerator already!
- Vegetable or chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Ground pepper
How to make Carrot Ginger Soup
It’s super simple to make this beautiful soup.
- Toss carrots in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until fork tender.
- Saute onions. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Boil vegetable or chicken stock with thyme, carrots, garlic and ginger until carrots are fully tender.
- Puree ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
How long can I store this?
This soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. If you need to store it for longer, I would suggest freezing it.
Can I freeze this soup?
Of course you can! Before freezing, let the soup completely cool. Once cool, transfer the soup into individual-serving or family-serving sized freezer-safe containers and freeze. If you are using freezer safe bags, lay them flat and freeze until solid.
To reheat the soup, thaw and then reheat on the stove top or in the microwave.
What can I serve with Carrot Ginger Soup?
You can enjoy this healthy soup recipe with almost any meal, but it pairs especially well with a crisp, healthy salad, like this Kale Salad with Cranberries, and with a nice, bread, like these Gluten-Free Crusty Rolls.
If you try the recipe, I’d love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below. Thank you! ♥
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped, (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock, (plus more to thin if needed)
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from stem
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Toss the chopped carrots with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, about 1/2 teaspoon each. Roast the carrots for 25-30 minutes, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the stock, thyme and carrots and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are fully tender.
- Puree the soup in blender (be careful while blending!) or with an immersion blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!