The Best Hot Artichoke Dip! EVERYONE always asks for this recipe! Perfect for any kind of party or gathering.
This hot artichoke dip is my GO-TO any time I have to bring a dish to a party to share! It’s the answer to all of life’s “what should I bring to eat” questions.
Baby shower? Birthday party? Superbowl party? New Years Eve appetizer? Holiday pre-meal snack? The answer for all of these can be this dip!
One of the things I love about this dip is that you can make it in advance and bake it just before serving. I love appetizers like this so you assemble it and clean up all the dishes before guests arrive!
I’ve made this dip for more parties and holidays than I can remember. It is a huge crowd-pleaser and always disappears quickly. Gooey, melted cheese with the zesty flavor of marinated artichoke hearts is a classic for a reason.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts: You’ll want to make sure they are marinated rather than just canned as that is where a lot of the flavor in this recipe comes from. They are usually sold in jars near the olives.
- Cream Cheese/Sour Cream/Mayonnaise: These three ingredients provide the base for the dip. They make the dip perfectly creamy and give it a nice balanced flavor.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: I like to buy fresh grated parmesan cheese that comes in a tub in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. You can often find it near the nicer cheeses. Fresh parmesan works better than the shelf stable kind.
Tip: I also like to use a higher quality grated parmesan cheese (like the kind from Trader Joe’s) so it melts into the dip. Lower quality parmesan cheese can have anti-caking agents added that make the dip more grainy.
How to Make Artichoke Dip
- Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy.
- Add the parmesan cheese and marinated artichoke hearts and mix until well combined.
- Smooth the mixture into a baking dish. At this point you can bake the artichoke dip right away or refrigerate and bake just before serving.
- Bake until hot and bubbly and the edges start to brown. Serve warm with chips or baguette slices.
MAKE-AHEAD AND STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS
Make-Ahead: One of the best things about this dip is you can make it an advance and bake it just before serving. You can mix all the ingredients together, smooth into the baking dish and refrigerate for up to 2 days before baking the dip.
To Store: Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge. You can reheat the dip in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to enjoy at another time.
If you’re craving a dip as good as one you’d get in a restaurant, this will not disappoint. Whenever I bring this to a party, it disappears quickly.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, be sure to leave me a comment/rating below!
Gluten-Free Pigs in a Blanket from Gluten-Free Miami
The Best Hot Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9x9 or 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes, until slightly browned and hot/bubbly.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or gluten-free bread. Enjoy!