The best hot artichoke dip! EVERYONE always asks for this recipe! It’s perfect for any kind of party or gathering.
This tried-and-true recipe was originally published in 2014 and is one of my #1 appetizer recipes today. This family favorite is easy-to-make and has a great make-ahead option!
This hot artichoke dip recipe is my GO-TO any time I have to bring a dish to a party to share! It’s always the answer to the age-old question, “What should I bring to eat?”
Baby shower? Birthday party? Super Bowl party? New Years Eve appetizer? Holiday pre-meal snack? This dip is the ultimate party appetizer for any occasion!
VIDEO: How to Make Artichoke Dip
One of the things I love about this artichoke dip recipe is that you can make it in advance and bake it just before serving. I love appetizers like this so you assemble it and clean up all the dishes before guests arrive!
I’ve made this delicious artichoke dip recipe for more parties and holidays than I can remember.
It is a huge crowd-pleaser and always disappears quickly. Gooey, melted cheese with the zesty flavor of marinated artichoke hearts is a classic for a reason.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Cheesy, creamy, and tangy
- Made with simple ingredients
- The crowd favorite at every party!
- Can be made ahead
Dairy-Free? Try this dairy-free spinach artichoke dip!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here are all of the ingredients you’ll need to make this creamy dip:
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts: You’ll want to make sure they are marinated rather than just canned as that is where a lot of the amazing flavor in this artichoke dip recipe comes from. They are usually sold in jars near the olives.
- Cream Cheese/Sour Cream/Mayonnaise: These three ingredients provide the base for the dip. They make the dip perfectly creamy and give it a nice balanced flavor.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: I like to buy fresh grated Parmesan cheese that comes in a tub in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. You can often find it near the nicer cheeses. Fresh Parmesan works better than the shelf stable kind.
How to Make Artichoke Dip
- Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and marinated artichoke hearts and mix until well combined.
- Smooth the cheese and artichoke mixture into a baking dish. At this point you can bake the artichoke dip right away or refrigerate and bake just before serving.
- Bake until hot and bubbly and the edges start to brown. Serve warm with chips or baguette slices.
MAKE-AHEAD: One of the best things about this dip is you can make it an advance and bake it just before serving. You can mix all the ingredients together, smooth into the baking dish and refrigerate for up to 2 days before baking this artichoke dip recipe.
STORAGE: Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge. You can reheat the dip in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to enjoy at another time.
This dip combines marinated artichoke hearts with cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder for a creamy, tangy dip that’s hard to resist! You can pair the dip with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, bread slices, or even sliced bell pepper and other charcuterie board fresh vegetables.
If you’re adding frozen spinach to this dip, it might turn out runny if you don’t squeeze the excess liquid out of the frozen spinach before stirring it into the other ingredients.
I love serving this artichoke dip recipe as a warm dip rather than a cold dip. I love when the cheeses are gooey, melty, and easy to scoop up! If you have leftovers, I recommend reheating the dip for a few minutes in the oven or one minute in the microwave.
If you’re craving an artichoke dip recipe as good as one you’d get in a restaurant, this will not disappoint. Whenever I bring this go-to appetizer to parties, football games, or any other gathering, it disappears quickly.
Expert Tips & Tricks
- I like to use a higher quality grated Parmesan cheese (like the kind from Trader Joe’s) so it melts into the dip. Lower quality Parmesan cheese can have anti-caking agents added that make the dip more grainy.
- Let your cream cheese sit and reach room temperature to make it easier to blend the dip together.
- You can also use fresh cloves of garlic to season this artichoke dip recipe. Just make sure to use a garlic press and sauté the garlic for a few minutes before adding to the dip.
- If you want to lighten up this recipe, you can use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and light cream cheese instead of regular. However, it won’t be as rich and creamy!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, be sure to leave me a comment/rating below! I’d love to hear from you!
The Best Hot Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9×9 or 9×13 baking dish. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes, until slightly browned and hot/bubbly.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or gluten-free bread. Enjoy!