These gluten-free meatballs are versatile, flavorful and completely delicious! They also freeze great for homemade gluten-free frozen meatballs to have on hand to add to your favorite dishes.
Serve for dinner with tomato sauce and pasta or as Swedish meatballs. Or make them for an appetizers to mix with BBQ sauce or another favorite sauce.
These gluten-free turkey meatballs are my new favorite thing to make! They are absolutely delicious and flavorful on their own, but can be use for so many meals and dishes.
If you’ve been searching for a good gluten-free frozen meatball with no avail, you can easily make your own with this recipe!
- Ground Turkey: I like to use 93/7 because it has good flavor. For best results don’t use 99/1.
- Gluten-Free Panko Breadcrumbs: Any kind of gluten-free breadcrumbs will work. I like this brand.
- Parmesan Cheese: Use a high quality grated parmesan cheese. I like the kind from Trader Joes.
- Olive Oil: Gives the meatballs a yummy texture and helps them brown.
- Egg: Needed for binding
- Onion Powder & Garlic Powder: I prefer using onion powder and garlic powder for flavor rather than grated onion and garlic because of the texture.
- Salt: The parmesan cheese is already salty so just a touch.
Tip: Use 93% lean/7% fat ground turkey instead of 99% lean/1% fat for meatballs with delicious flavor and texture.
How to Make Gluten-Free Meatballs
Making gluten-free meatballs is easy! All you do is add the ingredients to a large bowl…
Then mix with your hands (easiest way) or spatula (cleanest way) until evenly combined.
Then you shape them into balls. I like to use a small cookie scoop to measure out even sizes then roll them into round balls with slightly wet hands.
Place the shaped meatballs onto a lined baking sheet and bake.
These make the BEST freezer meal!
I like to make a big batch of these meatballs and freeze them in a resealable bag for later. To serve, all you have to do is dump the meatballs into a microwave safe bowl and defrost slightly before adding to your favorite sauce.
Here are some of our favorite ways to eat these meatballs:
- Add to marinara sauce and serve with spaghettti
- Make Swedish meatball sauce and and serve over gluten-free spaetzle
- Add to BBQ sauce (or your favorite sauce!) and serve in a crockpot for appetizers
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you try the recipe, I’d love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below. Thank you! ♥
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 2 pounds ground turkey, I use 93/7
- 1 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients. Mix with your hands or a spatula to evenly combine.
- Shape the meatballs. I like to use a small cookie scoop to measure out even sizes then roll them into round balls with slightly wet hands. Place the shaped meatballs onto the prepared pan and brush with a little more olive oil if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and cooked through. Add to your favorite sauce or let the meatballs cool to freeze for later.
- TO COOK FROM FROZEN: Place the meatballs in a microwave safe bowl and defrost slightly before adding to your favorite sauce.