An all-time favorite recipe! Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and slightly buttery.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups blanched almond flour (see note below)
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips of choice
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and brown sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing until incorporated.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Add the almond flour, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts with a wooden spoon.
- Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around edges. Cool and enjoy! These cookies are best enjoyed the day they are baked.
You can use almond meal in place of blanched almond flour for this recipe with great results.
You can refrigerate the dough prior to baking for 30 minutes to prevent the cookies from spreading too much.
You might also like my: