Wondering if you can eat at Chick-fil-A on a gluten-free diet? The quick answer is: Yes! Check out this ultimate guide to find out more about Chick-fil-A gluten-free menu.
If you’re craving a grilled chicken sandwich and fries, Chick fil a is a great option. They have plenty of gluten-free alternatives and naturally gluten-free menu items, including gluten free breads, ice cream, and fries.
It’s easy to see why Chick-fil-A is a favorite chain restaurant among those who eat gluten-free or have other food allergies!
Without further ado, let’s talk about the best Chick-fil-A gluten free options!
Gluten-Free Chick-fil-A Bun
Though Chik-fil-A’s original bun is not gluten-free, you can opt for an alternative, gluten-free bun for your grilled chicken sandwiches or even a breakfast sandwich.
If you’re ordering on the app, select the grilled chicken club, and then deselect the multigrain brioche bun. Add the gluten-free bun instead. Then enjoy your gluten-free Chick-fil-A meal!
Gluten-Free Chick-fil-A Sauces
Good news: MOST Chick-fil-A sauces are gluten-free! Yep, that includes the ever-popular Chick-fil-A sauce, the Polynesian sauce, and BBQ.
HOWEVER – The Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Sauce is NOT gluten-free. It contains wheat.
Here’s a full list of Chick-fil-A gluten-free sauces:
- Chick-fil-A sauce
- Polynesian sauce
- Barbeque sauce
- Garden herb ranch sauce
- Honey mustard sauce
- Zesty buffalo sauce
- Honey roasted BBQ sauce
Gluten-Free Salads at Chick-fil-A
Like the sauces, all of the salad dressings at Chick-fil-A are gluten-free. So you can choose from any of them to safely enjoy!
However, some of the salad toppings are not gluten-free, so it’s important to pay attention to the menu when customizing your salad order.
Here are a few tips for creating a Chick-fil-A gluten-free salad:
- Any salad: Ask for grilled filet or grilled chicken nuggets instead of any breaded chicken options.
- Cobb Salad: The crispy bell peppers on the Cobb Salad are not gluten-free. But since these are individually packaged, you can simply opt to leave them out.
- Market Salad: The granola in the Grilled Market Salad is not gluten-free. But again, this topping is individually packaged, so you can just leave it off.
- Southwest Salad: The seasoned tortilla strips and chili lime pepitas in the Southwest Salad are gluten-free. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Sides at Chick-fil-A
There are plenty of gluten-free sides you can order to round our your Chick-fil-A gluten-free meal.
Here’s a reference list of all Chick-fil-A gluten-free sides!
- Waffle potato fries: Chick-fil-A waffle fries are fried in a dedicated French fry fryer. And since French fries are naturally gluten-free (when made with only potato, oil and salt), these are safe to eat!
- Fruit cup: The fruit cup contains red and green apples, blueberries, orange segments, and strawberries. It is completely gluten-free!
- Side salad: The salad and all dressing options are gluten-free. Just remember to skip the crispy bell peppers, which are not gluten-free.
- Kale crunch salad: Everything in this salad (including toppings) is gluten-free!
- Greek yogurt parfait: The berries and yogurt are gluten-free. The granola doesn’t have any gluten-containing ingredients. But since it isn’t made with gluten-free oats, there is a risk of cross-contamination. The cookie crumbs topping is not gluten-free, either.
- Waffle potato chips: As with many brands of potato chips, these are gluten-free!
- Buddy fruits apple sauce: This apple sauce is gluten-free and safe to eat if you have Celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
Keep in mind, there are certain sides at Chick-fil-A that are NOT gluten-free, including:
- Chicken noodle soup
- Chicken tortilla soup
- Mac and cheese
Gluten-Free Treats at Chick-fil-A
Got a sweet tooth? You can safely enjoy six different desserts at Chick-fil-A.
Here’s a roundup of all Chick-fil-A gluten-free treats:
- Frosted lemonade
- Frosted coffee
- Chocolate milkshake
- Strawberry milkshake
- Vanilla milkshake
- IceDream in a cup
There are also a few Chick-fil-A treats you’ll need to avoid if you’re on a gluten-free diet. The following desserts are NOT gluten-free:
- Chocolate chunk cookie
- Chocolate fudge brownie
- Cookies & cream milkshake
- IceDream in a cone
Chick-fil-A Gluten-Free Kids Meals
It’s fairly easy to custom-order Chick-fil-A gluten-free kids meal.
First, order the grilled nuggets instead of the breaded nuggets. Then choose from a variety of gluten-free sides, including fries, fruit cups, and apple sauce.
All drinks—including chocolate milk and apple juice—and all sauces are also gluten-free!
Chick-fil-A Gluten-Free Breakfast
Chick-fil-A has several gluten-free options on their breakfast menu.
- Hash Brown Scramble Bowl: The Hash Brown Scramble Bowl is gluten-free if you choose the sausage or GRILLED filet, rather than the nuggets.
- Breakfast Sandwiches: You can also get breakfast sandwiches on GF buns, such as the bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich or the sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich.
- Hash browns: Like the fries, Chick-fil-A hash browns are naturally gluten-free!
Yes, the fries at Chick-fil-A are naturally gluten-free. Because they’re fried in a separate fryer, there is no risk of cross-contamination with gluten-products. They are safe to eat on a gluten-free diet.
Yes, all Chick-fil-A grilled nuggets are gluten-free. (The breaded, fried chicken nuggets are not gluten-free.)
Yes, all sauces at Chick-fil-A are gluten-free, including the Chick-fil-A sauce, Polynesian sauce, and barbeque sauce.
The Bottom Line
The Chick-fil-A gluten-free options are expansive, so you’ll have plenty of choices when ordering.
Choose a grilled chicken sandwich on a gluten-free bun and enjoy with a side of naturally gluten-free waffle fries—or a number of other sides and gluten-free sauces. Or you can order a gluten-free salad with your choice of any salad dressing.
Finish off your meal with their gluten-free Icedream in a cup, or another tasty Chick-fil-A gluten-free treat!