These sweet potatoes are one of my family and I’s favorite side dishes! They are known as “magic sweet potatoes” at our house. Something about them being cut into medallions and roasted makes them magically extra delicious. My toddler can’t get enough of these. When I make these I often double the batch because I love having leftovers. I like eating them for breakfast with a fried egg!
One reason I make these sweet potatoes so frequently is because they are so easy to make. Since I hate doing dishes (partially due to residual trauma from not having a dishwasher for a few years!), I am an expert dish-conserver. These sweet potatoes only need a quick toss on the same sheet pan you bake them on. That is my kind of recipe!
Other favorite sweet potato recipes:Print
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 3-4 large or 5-6 small sweet potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place the slices in a mound on a baking baking sheet, pour over the coconut oil, sprinkle on the sugar and salt, then mix every thing together with your hands to evenly coat the slices. Spread the sweet potatoes into an even, single layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Enjoy!