Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies! 1 bowl. 1 flour. Easy and beyond delicious!
Sometimes you need a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie.
And sometimes (all the time for me…) you need that cookie to be gluten-free!
And you don’t want that cookie to wipe out your kitchen with flour and dishes.
Not to mention your grocery budget tracking down a ton of weird ingredients.
These cookies are the cookies you need! 1 bowl. 1 flour. And beyond delicious.
These buckwheat chocolate chip cookies are perfect to make on Friday night to munch on while catching up on your favorite shows. Or the perfect thing to make while your kids’ friends are over and you want to make a treat. Or when it’s Sunday night and making cookies is the perfect way to bite the weekend-ending-blues. There are so many times in life that call for delicious chocolate chip cookies and this recipe won’t let you down!
These cookies only require one ingredient for the flour – buckwheat groats ground into flour in the blender. I put together my first ever cooking video to show you how easy it is. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel on You Tube for more videos!
Buckwheat gives these cookies the fantastic texture and flavor. They hold together perfectly and strangely remind me of the flavor/texture of cookies from Subway sandwich back in the day? See for yourself!
These Gluten-Free New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies from Gluten-Free on Shoestring also look delicious!Print
UPDATE: We love these cookies and make them often! I actually decided I like these the best made with Earth Balance Buttery Sticks. When you use the Earth Balance they taste just like the famous Toll House chocolate chip cookies!
This is my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe! You’d never guess these cookies are gluten-free and they couldn’t be easier to make. It is important to chill the dough so the cookies don’t spread too much. I usually let mine sit for at least 3 hours or up to overnight. These cookies also turn out great made with Earth Balance Buttery Sticks instead of the butter to keep them totally dairy-free.
- 1 1/4 cups raw buckwheat groats
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place the buckwheat groats in the jar of a high-speed blender. Blend into a fine flour.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Blend until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix to thoroughly combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour, or overnight. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Scoop the dough into mounds onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes, then scoop out onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!
MAKE IT DAIRY-FREE: Use vegan butter such as Earth Balance in place of the butter.