Real-Deal Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream! No more icy vegan ice cream. Cashews, coconut milk, and cocoa butter are the 3 secret ingredients to the creamiest dairy-free ice cream you’ll ever have!
Do you eat dairy-free and get sick of icy, dense coconut milk ice cream? When I first swore off real ice cream about 2 years ago, I thought coconut milk ice cream would be great. But it is often dense, unsatisfying and has always left me dreaming of real creamy ice cream. I’m all for healthy treats like 2-ingredient banana ice cream, but sometimes you want the real deal. This Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream is absolutely the real deal!
It is the creamiest dairy-free ice cream I’ve ever had thanks to a combination of 3 ingredients – cashews, coconut milk, and cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is the secret ingredient! I was honestly shocked at how amazing this ice cream is when I tasted it. I order cocoa butter on Amazon. What would I do without Amazon?! Be sure to use food grade cocoa butter to make this.
[youtube id=”fQwfskoBfeY” align=”center” mode=”normal” maxwidth=”650″]
As much as I love milkshakes, it just isn’t worth it to me to eat real ice cream. It would leave me feeling so sick! But I love ice cream and especially think it’s fun to make at home on holidays.
Homemade ice cream was our go-to for summer holidays like the 4th. This ice cream is so fabulous – it will even blow dairy-eaters away! Now that I’ve found the trifecta of ingredients for good vegan ice cream (cashews, coconut milk, and cocoa butter) I can’t wait to try more variations. I hope you love it as much as we do!
You also might like this vegan chocolate chip ice cream!
Real-Deal Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt use less if you are using salted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter melted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped or grated dark chocolate
- Place the cashews in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and let sit 30 minutes.
- In a pot set over medium heat, add the sugar, salt, 1/4 cup water, coconut oil, and melted cocoa butter. Whisk and heat until dissolved, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place the soaked cashews in the blender. Add 1/2 cup water and blend until totally smooth. Add the cocoa butter mixture, coconut milk, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth. Pour into a container and chill for 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- Pour the ice cream base into the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instrctions. Freeze until thick and smooth. Fold in the grated chocolate. Serve like soft-serve or scoop into a container and freeze for about 2 hours for scoops. Ice cream will keep for a week in the freezer. Let sit for 10 minutes before scooping once it's totally frozen. Enjoy!