This summer corn salad recipe can’t be beat! So simple, but completely delicious fresh vegetables an apple cider vinegar dressing.
This summer corn salad is such a simple, yet tasty summer side! It is one of my go-to summer recipes for using up fresh corn and tomatoes. I always have to stop myself from eating the whole thing!
Ingredients for Summer Corn Salad
Fresh corn pairs so well with the other ingredients in this salad. The ingredients are very simple but they all taste so good together.
- Fresh Corn – Blanched and cut off the cob
- Tomatoes – Corn and tomatoes go so well together
- Red Onion – Cut up very small and just a little bit
- Feta – Adds the perfect salty bite!
- Parsley – For color and freshness
- Apple Cider Vinegar – The tanginess tastes so good with sweet corn!
- Olive Oil – Adds a little body and richness
- Salt/Pepper – Make sure it’s well seasoned
TIP: Apple cider vinegar tastes so good in corn salads! The tanginess pairs very well with the sweetness of the corn.
This salad couldn’t be easier to make! You just have to blanch (which means quickly boil) the corn before preparing it.
How to Make Corn Salad
STEP ONE: BOIL the corn briefly in salted water for 3-5 minutes.
STEP TWO: CUT the corn off the stock into a bowl.
STEP THREE: ADD the tomatoes, red onion, parsley, feta, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and salt/pepper.
STEP FOUR: MIX everything together! Serve within 6 hours. Enjoy!
A Few Recipe Tips
- When cutting the corn off the cob, use a rimmed dish like a 9×13 baking pan rather than a flat plate so the corn doesn’t fly everywhere.
- Only fresh corn will work in this recipe. Frozen corn can become soggy.
- It is best to serve this salad within 4 hours of making it. It is great if the flavors can blend together a little before serving. So making it 2 hours in advance is ideal!
TIP: Make this salad 2 hours before serving for the flavors to meld. But no more than 4 hours in advance.
What are your go-to sides for a summer BBQ? I heart BBQ food so much. Especially because so much of it is naturally gluten-free.
My favorites are classic potato salad, baked beans (the Trader Joe’s kind are so good!), gluten-free pasta salad, and this corn salad. And of course a big, cold watermelon to go with it all.
This little gem of a side has won me over and made it into my regular repertoire of go-to grilling sides. I hope you love it too!
More Summer Salad Recipes:
Squash Casserole from Evolving Table is another delicious summer side!
Cheesecake Fruit Salad – A rich and creamy salad for using up summer berries.
Check out more Gluten-Free Sides here.
Summer Corn Salad
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1-1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Peel the corn and cook for 3 minutes in the boiling water. Rinse with cool water then pat dry. Slice the corn off the cob into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. The salad can be prepared up to 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!