There is nothing like a warm bowl of chili and a slice of cornbread this time of year! When it comes to chili, this recipe is scrumptious, simple perfection. The flavors are comforting, spicy, and meaty. There are no “secret ingredients” needed. This is just classic and totally delicious chili!
I also found a killer recipe for corn muffins that I will share soon. To me, making chili is equally about (if not totally) an excuse to make some kind of corn bread. I am so thrilled I found a great corn muffin recipe as well!
This chili is super easy to make and great for feeding a crowd. Make it for game day or, our favorite way, on Halloween night before trick-or-treating!
Butternut Squash Chili from Everyday Maven
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Favorite Easy Chili
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, crushed is key for this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 2 15 oz cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large dutch oven or pot. Add the ground beef and brown until no longer pink. Add the onion, green pepper, red pepper, celery, and garlic. Saute for 6-8 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, cayenne, sugar and water. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add in the drained and rinsed beans and cook another 10-15 minutes. Serve with favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Kelsey Nixon