These pumpkin protein pancakes are made with 3 ingredients, for a quick and easy fall breakfast. Delicious, easy and no refined sugar!
If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast to start your day when the weather gets colder, you’re in the right place.
These pumpkin protein pancakes are made with 3 simple ingredients and are perfect for the whole family. They’re naturally gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free too.
When I’m feeling like a classic pumpkin pancake that’s still gluten-free I love these gluten-free pumpkin pancakes!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Gather these simple ingredients and you’ll be ready to the pancakes.
- Pumpkin – Look for real pumpkin as opposed to pumpkin pie filling. You want the label that reads 100% pumpkin puree. Pumpkin pie filling has sugars and artificial ingredients.
- Maple Syrup – Rather than using refined, granulated sugar, we’re using an all-natural sweetener.
- Spice – Pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and a dash of salt
How to Make Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
1. Mix the Batter. Start by whisking all the ingredients together until smooth.
2. Prepare the skillet. For the best results, use a nonstick pan and be sure to coat it with cooking spray as well. These pancakes cook best over medium-low heat, so don’t turn the heat up too much.
NOTE: Since these pancakes are mostly egg – they cook best over medium/low heat. They will also cook slower than traditional pancakes.
3. Scoop out ¼ cup of batter. I like using a small pan and cooking the pancakes individually since the batter is thinner. Don’t be alarmed when these pancakes are thinner than traditional pancakes.
4. Cook on low until set. It usually takes 3 to 4 minutes for the first side to set. The pancake will start to set on the edges and middle when it’s ready to flip.
5. Flip the pancake and cook the other side. Because the batter is already set, you’ll only need to cook the second side for about 30 seconds.
Toppings: Try topping these pancakes with peanut or almond butter, maple syrup and a few chocolate chips for a healthier indulgence.
Leftover pumpkin? I like to make this recipe whenever I have leftover pumpkin. For another grain-free favorite try these Paleo Pumpkin Cookies.
For a year-round version you also might like these 4-Ingredient Banana Pancakes. They are one of my go-to healthy breakfasts year-round.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you have any comments or questions leave me a rating/comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes (3 Ingredients!)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray (or grease with coconut oil) and place over medium-low heat. Pour in about ¼ cup of batter for a small single pancake. You can also cook a few at a time in a larger nonstick pan.
- Let the pancake cook on lowish heat until set, about 3 minutes then flip and cook for another 30 seconds on the second side. Roll up for serving if desired. Enjoy!
This post was originally published in September 2016. It was updated with new photos and instructions in August 2020.