You only need 3 ingredients (banana, eggs and oats) to make these healthy, banana pancakes. EASY, kid-friendly and perfect for using up bananas. Add a spoonful of peanut butter and a pinch of cinnamon to take these to the next level!
Banana Egg Oat Pancakes are a go-to breakfast recipe that everyone should have in their back pockets!
If you’re not familiar with banana-egg pancakes, these aren’t just any pancakes. They are made completely of mashed, ripe bananas, eggs and oats.
Just 3 ingredients! Making them an easy, healthy breakfast. I love serving them to my kids, but I also like to make these as a post-workout breakfast for myself. They are full of protein and naturally sweetened with the banana.
I add a pinch of cinnamon, a spoonful of peanut butter and sometimes a sprinkling of chocolate chips for extra deliciousness. These pancakes taste like a treat, but are full of wholesome ingredients!
3-Ingredient Banana Egg Oat Pancakes
These pancakes couldn’t be easier to make! They are perfect for busy mornings or anytime you have bananas to use up.
1. First start by mashing the banana….
2. Then add the eggs, oats and a pinch of salt and cinnamon.
3. Whisk everything together until smooth.
4. Add a dollop of peanut butter if you like and swirl it into the batter!
5. Cook in a nonstick skillet in a little butter over medium heat for about 2 minutes, until set. You’ll want to make sure the heat isn’t too high so they don’t burn. (Add a few chocolate chips if you like!)
6. Flip and cook for another 30 seconds on the second side. ENJOY!
Tips for Making Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
My all-time favorite non-stick is this small scanpan. I use it every single day and it’s the perfect size for making these pancakes!
Keep the heat on medium or medium/low when cooking these. If the heat is too high the pancakes will get too brown before the cook all the way through. This is because of the eggs.
You can skip the peanut butter if you want to keep these nut-free. You can also use almond, cashew, or sunbutter. Maybe even a little Nutella if you dare!
I like using GF Harvest Gluten-Free Oats to keep these gluten-free. You can use regular rolled oats or quick oats. Either kind works great.
More Pancake Recipes:
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes from Dishing Delish
Paleo Pancakes from Noshtastic
Banana Egg Oat Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 spoonful peanut butter or almond butter (optional)
- coconut oil/butter for cooking
- Mash the banana with a fork. Whisk in the eggs, oats, salt and cinnamon until smooth. Add the peanut butter and swirl into the batter.
- Heat a tablespoon or so of coconut oil/butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for about 2 minutes, until set. You’ll want to make sure the heat isn’t too high so they don’t burn. (Add a few chocolate chips if you like!) Cook on the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Serve with bananas and maple syrup. Enjoy!