These EASY pumpkin oatmeal pancakes are made with ground up oats instead of flour! You can use gluten-free oats if needed. These pancakes are spiced, wholesome and perfect for cool fall mornings!
We’ve been making these healthy pumpkin pancakes for years now and they are one of our favorite fall breakfasts! I love that they are gluten-free, dairy-free and made with whole-food ingredients like ground up oats instead of flour.
They’re perfect for feeding the kids before school or even for a special holiday breakfast that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Ingredients You’ll Need
These pancakes are really easy to make. They are also made with healthier ingredients than traditional pumpkin pancakes.
- Oats: Ground up instead of regular flour
- Ground Flaxseed: Acts as a binder and adds a good dose of fiber/antioxidants
- Pumpkin: Nutrient-rich and yummy
- Maple Syrup: Instead of refined-sugar
- Coconut Oil: A healthy oil choice!
How to Make Them
1. First start by grinding the oats into flour in the blender…
2. Mix the oat flour together with the rest of the dry ingredients.
3. Whisk together the wet ingredients…
4. Then add them to the dry and stir to combine.
5. Cook in a nonstick skillet in a little butter over medium heat. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if you like! Enjoy!
Gluten-Free? Use certified gluten-free oats to make these pancakes gluten-free. Oats are naturally gluten-free but often grown alongside gluten-containing grains. So you need to buy a bag of oats that specifically says “gluten-free” for these pancakes to be safe for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
This recipe makes enough to serve about 3 people so double it as needed. I like to cook up these pancakes in my very favorite nonstick pan. (I use this pan everyday!)
While you’re here if you’re looking for more healthy breakfast recipes try these Banana Oat Pancakes (only 4-ingredients!) or these Buckwheat Crepes. Check out my full collection of gluten-free breakfast recipes!
If you try these pumpkin pancakes leave me a comment/rating below! I hope you love them as much as my family does!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor. Blend until finely ground, about 60 seconds.
- Add the oats to a bowl along with the ground flaxseed, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a measuring cup or bowl, mix together the almond milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, egg and coconut oil. Mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until evenly combined.
- Cook in a nonstick skillet in a little butter over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, until set. You’ll want to make sure the heat isn’t too high so they don’t burn. (Add a few chocolate chips if you like!) Flip and cook for another minute on the second side.
- Serve warm with maple syrup! Enjoy!
- MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
- If you don't have pumpkin pie spice you can use 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon instead
- Be sure your almond milk and the other wet ingredients aren't too cold so the coconut oil doesn't solidify.