This recipe is a new favorite made entirely with coconut flour. Coconut flour is high in fiber and protein and works perfectly in this recipe.
These muffins are also full of eggs for additional protein, and coconut oil for some healthy fat. I mostly just love eating something that tastes like a dessert, without that sugar-rush feeling afterwards!
These muffins are fantastic right out of the oven smothered with ghee or butter. My toddler and I have both been sick this weekend while my husband has been out of town which is no fun! It’s always so sad when little ones are sick. And it should be illegal for Mom’s to get sick!
All we’ve felt like eating the past few days is smoothies, lots of herbal tea, this soup, and these muffins. I really can’t imagine a time when I wouldn’t feel like eating these!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup coconut flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Raw turbinado sugar and/or chopped pecans for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil/butter, applesauce, honey, vanilla and cider vinegar.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and mix to thoroughly combine. Stir in the blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each one 2/3 the way up. Sprinkle each muffin with a bit of sugar/chopped pecans, if using.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes in a pan. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Enjoy!
*Amount updated 3/20/14
Need something else to make with coconut flour? Try these Coconut Flour Cookies from Flippin’ Delicious!