Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins! If you’re looking for an EASY, healthy muffin recipe that uses only coconut flour this is it!
This recipe is a new favorite made entirely with coconut flour. Coconut flour is high in fiber and protein and works perfectly in this recipe.
These muffins are also full of eggs for additional protein, and coconut oil for some healthy fat. I mostly just love eating something that tastes like a dessert, without that sugar-rush feeling afterwards!
These muffins are fantastic right out of the oven smothered with ghee or butter. My toddler and I have both been sick this weekend while my husband has been out of town which is no fun! It’s always so sad when little ones are sick. And it should be illegal for Mom’s to get sick!
All we’ve felt like eating the past few days is smoothies, lots of herbal tea, this soup, and these muffins. I really can’t imagine a time when I wouldn’t feel like eating these!
A few notes about this recipe:
Fresh or Frozen Blueberries? Both will work! I have frozen blueberries on hand more often than fresh so I use frozen a lot. I like to mostly thaw the blueberries before adding them to the mix. If the blueberries are too frozen it may cause the coconut oil to solidify – so thawed is best! Also be sure everything else is mixed before you add in the blueberries and that you lightly stir so you don’t end up with blue batter!
What brand of coconut flour? Not all brands of coconut flour are created equal! Lately I’ve been loving this brand of coconut flour.
How do I ensure they don’t stick to the liners? I use these unbleached muffin liners with great results! They are my favorite for gluten-free baking.
Paleo Blueberry Muffins from Gluten-Free Palate
Coconut Flour Cookies from Flippin’ Delicious!
Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Raw turbinado sugar and/or chopped pecans for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil/butter, applesauce, honey, vanilla and cider vinegar.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and mix to thoroughly combine. Stir in the blueberries. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each one ⅔ the way up. Sprinkle each muffin with a bit of sugar/chopped pecans, if using.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes in a pan. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Enjoy!