These are hands-down the best coconut flour muffins! They’re easy, include healthy fats, and have a light and fluffy texture. They’re melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and the perfect quick breakfast!
If you’re looking for delicious coconut flour recipes, give this recipe a try. These coconut flour muffins are made with simple pantry staples and only take minutes to make.
These muffins are one of my favorite healthy treats to date! They are naturally gluten-free and grain-free. Best of all, unlike most coconut flour baked goods, they have a surprisingly light and fluffy texture.
If you’re new to gluten-free baking (or even if you’re a seasoned expert!) these coconut flour muffins are a great, easy recipe.
Bottom line – These are some of the easiest muffins you’ll ever make!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Easy to make
- Made with pantry staples
- Healthy food for any occasion
Coconut Flour Muffin Ingredients
Besides coconut flour, you only need a few pantry staples to make these naturally gluten-free, grain-free coconut flour muffins! Here are a few other key ingredients:
- Nut Butter: Pretty much any kind of nut butter will work in these muffins, including almond butter, peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower butter. If you use a natural nut butter, be sure to give it a good stir before measuring.
- Bananas: Overripe with brown spots works best.
- Maple Syrup: Adds a little more sweetness. My natural sweetener of choice!
- Cider Vinegar: Helps activate the baking soda and gives these muffins a little extra lift.
How to Make these Coconut Flour Muffins
- Place all the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in a food processor. A blender, electric mixer, or hand mixer and large mixing bowl will also work.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners or muffin cups. Good quality paper muffin liners prevents the coconut muffins from sticking. I like these ones.
- Spoon batter into the pan and bake until golden brown. Then let cool on a wire rack and enjoy these tasty muffins!
Freezer and Storage Tips
To Make Ahead and Freeze: I like to make these easy muffins in bulk and freeze them for healthy snacks/breakfasts later. Let the coconut flour banana muffins cool completely before transferring to a resealable bag for storage in the freezer. The muffins will keep for up to 2 months.
To Reheat from the Freezer: Simply wrap a coconut flour banana muffin in a paper towel and microwave for 15-20 seconds or until heated through.
Storage: If you don’t want to freeze these delicious coconut flour muffins, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Coconut Flour Muffins FAQ
Yes, you can bake with coconut flour. Just keep in mind that it absorbs a lot of moisture and cannot be easily swapped out for regular flour.
Yes, coconut flour is more dense than other flours and absorbs more liquid, meaning you will need to add more liquid than your average gluten free muffin recipes.
Yes, coconut flour does taste subtly of coconuts, but the flavor is very mild—especially when mixed with other ingredients.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Working with coconut flour: Coconut flour is a very unique ingredient. It absorbs a lot of moisture and needs extra eggs in most recipes. It’s an ingredient that can’t easily be swapped in or out for other flours (like almond flour or all purpose flour). This recipe has been specially designed to work with coconut flour. No other flour can be used as a substitute.
- Stir your nut butter: Be sure to give your nut butter a good stir before scooping it into the measuring cup. This is especially important if you’re using natural almond or peanut butter where the oil separates.
- Experiment with mix-ins: This coconut flour muffins recipe is versatile, so feel free to get creative with mix-ins! Add chocolate chips and/or dried coconut meat to make coconut flour chocolate chip muffins. Or try blueberry coconut flour muffins, or different nut butters! You could even add coconut sugar on top for for an extra taste of coconut flavor.
More Gluten-Free Recipes
If you love this coconut flour muffin recipe as much as we do leave me a comment/rating below. I’d also be happy to help with any questions about these coconut flour banana muffins. Happy baking!
The Best Coconut Flour Muffins
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup almond butter or peanut butter, well stirred if natural
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with baking liners.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all the ingredients. Process until totally smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan until evenly divided.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and fluffy and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. Enjoy!