Easy, Dairy-Free Fudge! Refined-Sugar-Free and foolproof!
In years past, my family has always made the famous “fantasy fudge” using a jar of marshmallow creme.
I love that fudge, but now that I am eating dairy-free and avoiding refined-sugar as much as possible, I needed a new fudge recipe.
Just as a side-note, eating dairy-free, in addition to gluten-free, has been totally worth it for me!
I had some unresolved sinus problems that have completely cleared up. I have also always struggled with my skin breaking out on and off my whole life. I used all sorts of harsh creams and medicines to combat it.
Within 2 weeks of eating dairy-free, my skin completely cleared up and I haven’t had a breakout since! Who knew that all along the answer was the right food?
It’s amazing the power of the right food and the determent of the wrong food. It is so worth it to me to eat right so I can be healthy and live life to the fullest!
For this fudge you basically make your own sweetened condensed milk using coconut milk and honey. That might sound hard, but all you do is simmer the two together for 30 minutes or so. Then add dairy-free chocolate chips, vanilla, and any other mix-ins you like!
I love adding walnuts or hazelnuts. This would also be yummy topped with crushed peppermint candies.
I remember I sometimes had problems with other fudge recipes becoming crystallized or grainy.
This fudge is basically fool-proof and turns out smooth and creamy every time. My husband said it’s the best fudge I’ve ever made!
More dairy-free fudge recipes…
No-Cook Toasted Almond Mocha Fudge from Cotter Crunch
EASY, Dairy-Free Fudge! Refined-Sugar-Free and Foolproof!
- 2 13.5oz cans of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts of choice (optional, I like walnuts or hazelnuts)
- Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour the coconut milk into a medium saucepan. Heat the milk over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the honey and simmer for another 25-30 minutes. You want to reduce the mixture to 2 cups of liquid. After about 20 minutes check to see how much it has reduced by pouring the mixture into a glass measuring cup.
- When you have reduced the mixture to 2 cups of liquid, remove it from the heat. Stir in the salt, vanilla, and chocolate chips until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the nuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until set. Cut into squares and enjoy! Store the fudge in the refrigerator between serving.
*For coconut milk, I use the brand Natural Value from Amazon. It is packed in a BPA-free can and only contains coconut extract and water.
*I buy dairy-free chocolate chips in a big bag from Costco. The brand Enjoy Life is also dairy-free.
- Serving Size: 10-12