I made this lemonade on a whim this weekend while my husband and son were hard at work in the yard. My husband is crazy about homemade lemonade and declared this berry kind his new favorite. I have to agree!
Homemade lemonade is always exciting. The bright colored, sweet berry syrup makes this lemonade extra special. It is also surprisingly simple to make. The hardest part is squeezing the lemons. Luckily that’s a job my 3-year-old is more than willing to take over. This lemonade is perfect for parties and summer holidays. It looks beautiful and a little fancy with a few frozen berries in each glass!
More Summer Drinks:
Lavender Lemonade from This Vivacious Life
Easy Homemade Berry Lemonade
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1.5 cups frozen mixed berries
- .5 water
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, frozen berries, and ½ cup water. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, the cook for about 10 minutes, until the berries soften and burst.
- Pour the syrup mixture into a blender and carefully blend until smooth. Place 2 cups of ice in a pitcher or measuring cup. Place a fine mesh strainer over the ice and strain the berry mixture (to catch all the small seeds) over the ice to cool it down quickly.
- Combine the ice/syrup mixture, lemon juice, and 3 cups of cold water in a pitcher. Stir to combine and add more water if needed. Enjoy!