Cranberry Christmas Fluff! Tart-sweet cranberries, marshmallows that become little sponges and the crunch of pomegranate seeds make this the best holiday side around!
Christmas at my house (or Thanksgiving for that matter!) wouldn’t be complete without Christmas Cranberry Fluff!
This has become one of my family’s very favorite holiday treats over the years. I look forward to making it for both Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. The the tart-sweet cranberries, marshmallows that become little sponges and the crunch of pomegranate seeds make this the best fruit-like jello (but no-jello!) salad around.
This cranberry fluff is made with fresh cranberries, crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows (I use good old Kraft, but use this brand to keep it vegan), and my favorite So Delicious Cocowhip.
It is so easy to make and totally steals the show at every holiday gathering. It is the only time mini marshmallows make an appearance at our dinner table. I have no problem with that at Christmas!
My 1-year-old Graham is the biggest eater! He out-eats my 5-year-old and I at almost every meal. This Thanksgiving he was in his ZONE with a big plate of food. He was eating just about everything until he tasted this fluff. His face lit up like it was the best thing he had ever eaten like – now that’s delicious Mom. He totally went to town on it and forgot about everything else on his plate.
I guess it’s good this dish only makes an apperance once or twice a year! Parents be warned your kids will love this a little too much!
How to Make Cranberry Sauce from Texanerin BakingPrint
- 1 10-ounce bag fresh whole cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 container So Delicious CocoWhip
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- Place the cranberries and sugar in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Drain the crushed pineapple in a colander, pressing on the fruit to extract as much liquid as possible. Add the cranberry mixture, crushed pineapple and cocowhip to a bowl. Gently fold to combine. Add the marshmallows and gently stir in.
- Pour the mixture into a serving dish. Let sit for at least 6 hours and up to overnight. Top with pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!
*MAKE IT VEGAN: Use vegan dandies marshmallows
- Serving Size: 6-8
Recipe adapted from Kelsey Nixon of Cooking Channel