These cookies are just about as easy as cookies get! They only take a few minutes to throw together and I always have the ingredients for them on hand. They are crispy on the outside and chewy in the center.
The oats give them a yummy texture and flavor. You can also make these with peanut butter. I’ve brought these cookies to parties and potlucks and nobody ever guesses they are gluten and dairy-free!
These cookies are great for those nights when you want an easy treat. I love that I can make these start to finish in about 45 minutes to curb any cookie cravings. Perfect for nights you want date-night-in and to binge on Netflix!
Be sure to give your almond butter or peanut butter a good stir before measuring it for this recipe. These turn out way better when you don’t use the dry almond butter from the bottom of the jar. Save that for toast and make these with almond butter that is still nice and creamy.
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (reduce to 1/2 teaspoon if you almond butter contains any added salt)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the almond butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the oat mixture. Mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. The dough will be very sticky!
- Scoop 2 tablespoon rounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake each batch for 9-11 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
I use dairy-free chocolate chips from the brand Enjoy Life. Costco also sells a big bag of dairy-free chocolate chips.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Tasty Kitchen