This mango avocado smoothie is made with frozen mango, avocado and banana for a smooth, creamy treat that is full of healthy fats. A healthy smoothie for breakfast or a snack!
I’m always on the hunt for easy, healthy smoothie recipes and this creamy mango avocado smoothie is a favorite!
Mango and avocado are a smoothie match made in heaven. The tropical flavor of the mango paired with the creaminess of the avocado works so well together.
Plus I’m always looking for ways to sneak avocado into my kids smoothies for those good healthy fats. This smoothie also a great way to get your daily value of vitamin C!
VIDEO: See how to make it!
PS – if you love avocados try this avocado green goddess dressing!
How to Make a Mango Avocado Smoothie
- This smoothie couldn’t be easier to make! It starts with frozen mango chunks. I love using frozen mango chunks because they are so convenient! Much easier than waiting for a fresh mango to get perfectly ripe, then peeling and dicing it.
- Next you add banana, ripe avocado and ice. If you prefer not to use banana, frozen pineapple works great here. If you use frozen pineapple or frozen banana you can add less ice. Also be sure not to add too much avocado. 1/4 an avocado per serving seems to be the perfect amount!
- For the liquid, I like to use a combination pineapple juice and almond milk or coconut milk. Orange juice is also a delicious addition! You can adjust the ratios to your liking based on how creamy/sweet you think the perfect smoothie should be.
- Blend until smooth. Easy as can be!
Frozen fruit is the best way to make thick smoothies. If you use fresh fruit, the ice helps make this smoothie thick and cold.
You can add in some superfood ingredients to take this smoothie to the next level such as:
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Kale – to make this a green smoothie!
- Collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- Protein powder – an easy way to add a few grams of protein to this smoothie for a post-workout snack.
This smoothie is a great base recipe and is totally adaptable. Make it next time you need a quick and healthy breakfast or snack!
I hope you like this smoothie as much as we do! If you give this recipe a try be sure to leave me a comment/rating below!
Easy, Mango Avocado Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 banana (or another 1/2 cup frozen mango or 1/2 cup frozen pineapple)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2-1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 coconut or almond milk or water
- 1/4 avocado
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more pineapple juice if needed. Enjoy!
- I love using frozen mango chunks because they are so convenient!
- If you use all frozen fruit you can use less ice.
- Be sure not to add too much avocado. 1/4 an avocado per serving seems to be the perfect amount!
- For the liquid, I like to use a combination pineapple juice and almond milk or coconut milk. Orange juice is also a delicious addition!