Ice Cream Crunch Bars! Any ice cream you liked topped with a toasty crispy coconut, crispy rice, cashew topping. Easy to make and so delicious!
These Ice Cream Crunch Bars are one of our new favorite summer desserts. They are so good we’ve been calling them I Scream Bars!
Part of the reason I love these ice cream bars is because they are so easy to make. The topping is made of crispy rice cereal, cashews and coconut. The ice cream inside is any kind you like! The flavor of these reminds of me fried ice cream. These make a great treat for parties!
I like these best with dairy-free ice cream (I like So Delicious Creamy Cashew Vanilla), but they are also amazing with chocolate ice cream or even strawberry. Just use an ice cream that doesn’t have big chunks so the bars are even. Here’s a video on how to make them!
[youtube id=”Bi8WdZK0mJ8″ align=”center” mode=”normal” maxwidth=”650″]
Ice Cream Crunch Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews chopped
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal be sure it's gluten-free
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pints ice cream see note above
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Set out the ice cream for 30 minutes to allow it to soften.
- Place the cashews, crispy rice cereal, coconut, salt, brown sugar, and butter on a baking sheet. Toss everything to combine evenly. Bake for 15 minutes total, stirring every 5 minutes for even toasting. Watch the mixture carefully the last 5 minutes so it doesn't burn. The coconut should be nice and toasted.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Place the softened ice cream in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil. Place half the crunch mixture on the bottom of pan. Add the ice cream in 4-5 dollaps over top, then carefully smooth. Add the rest of the crunch mixture on top and press slightly to smooth.
- Chill the bars for at least 6 hours until set. Slice and serve. Enjoy! The bars will keep for 1 week in the freezer.