Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake! NOBODY will guess this is gluten-free! Lightly spiced, creamy and totally luxurious. The perfect crowd-pleasing holiday dessert!
If you’re looking for a show-stopping gluten-free holiday dessert – look no further! This Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts of all-time – gluten-free or not.
It is lightly spiced, creamy and totally luxurious.
Whether or not it’s the holidays – I dream of this cheesecake year-round! It’s definitely swoon-worthy with it’s 3 layers of creamy goodness.
I am always on the hunt for gluten-free baked goods and desserts that are delicious enough to feed a crowd – whether they eat gluten-free or not.
I brought this cheesecake to a big family get-together at my aunt’s house and everyone was amazed. My brother and cousins said it was the best cheesecake they’ve ever had. It is so delicious nobody will ever guess it’s gluten-free!
Unlike other cheesecakes this one is egg-free. Using pumpkin gives the cheesecake structure so eggs are not needed. So this is also perfect for guests with egg allergies!
The crust is made of Glutino animal graham crackers and walnuts. It pairs perfectly with this lightly spiced, seasonal cheesecake. My Mom would make a vanilla bean cheesecake for Thanksgiving every year with a walnut crust and I’m convinced walnut crusts are the best kind of cheesecake crusts.
Make this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake as a delicious non-pie option for Thanksgiving dessert! It can be made a day in advance which is always a lifesaver on holidays.
Many gluten-free desserts can’t be made in advance (sorry Gluten-Free Banana Cream Pie – I still love you) which makes this recipe even more of a gem! I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- 1 bag Glutino Graham Animal Crackers
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
For the Pumpkin Filling:
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
For the Topping:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In the bowl of a food processor, add the Glutino Graham Animal Crackers and walnuts. Process until the mixture resembles sand. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and pulse to combine. Remove the food processor blade and stir in the melted butter. Press the crumbs into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Place the springform pan on a foil-lined larger baking pan and bake for 6-8 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden and toasted. Let cool before adding filling.
For the Cheesecake:
- In the bowl of a hand or stand mixer, add the cream cheese and sour cream and whip until fully incorporated. (Be sure the cream cheese is softened!) Add the cornstarch, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and mix until evenly combined. Mix in the vanilla and pumpkin until fully incorporated.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust. Smooth the top and return the oven (keep the pan on the foil-lined baking sheet). Bake for 45-60 minutes until the edges are set and the center jiggles just slightly. Let the cheesecake cool completely to room temperature.
For the Topping:
- In the bowl of a hand or stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, nutmeg, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth and combined. While mixing on low, slowly add the whipping cream over 1-2 minutes. Increase the speed and whip until fluffy. Spread evenly over the cooled cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours or up to a day. Garnish with a light dusting of freshly grated nutmeg, if desired.