I have long been a fan of the infamous flourless chocolate cake. Lucky for me, generally “flourless” anything in the baking world is already gluten-free.
I figured it would be hard to go wrong translating something as delicious as flourless chocolate cake to a cookie. And I was right!
These are to die for. Death by chocolate if you will. They are very rich and chocolaty. I made giant cookies because I like them that way.
Another great thing about these cookies is that they are so easy to make! They only have 6 ingredients which I always have on hand.
These cookies would be great for so many occasions! They are portable, yet decadent enough for company.
They would also be great with mint chips or broken up Andes for the holidays. I am all about the mint-chocolate combination. Yes, this recipe is a keeper at our house!Print
Easy, naturally gluten-free and so decadent! Rich and fudgy chocolate cookies with a crackly top and soft center. Add marshmallows and walnuts to make these Rocky Road Cookies!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup marshmallows + 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Beat in two egg whites and the vanilla extract until the batter is moistened. You’re looking for a brownie-like, thick and fudgy batter consistency. If it seems too thick, add another egg white – then a 4th one if it still seems too thick. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter onto the prepared baking sheets in 12 evenly spaced mounds per cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked. Slide the parchment paper (with the cookies) onto wire racks. Cool completely. Enjoy!
- MAKE IT DAIRY-FREE: Use Enjoy Life Foods dairy-free chocolate chips.
Keywords: flourless chocolate cookies, gluten-free chocolate cookies, flourless cookie recipe, easy chocolate cookies
(recipe adapted from Recipe Girl)